I have set up and developed my own business; “BlueAnchor Training” I develop, design and deliver original training materials to a variety of clients, ranging from airlines to local government, retail and housing associations. I specialise in new managers, management development, customer service, staff development training and work-life balance training. I also frequently work with people from diverse cultures and ethnic groups who are starting out on a new career or returning to work.
My Experiences, Responsibilities and Successes in Previous Organisations
- Set up and developed successful new training and development businesses: Clients include University of Brighton, Rochdale Housing Initiative, XL Airways.
- Achieved regular Associate Trainer status for Croydon College, Sussex Downs College and Rewards Training.
- Delivered courses to Institute of Customer Service (ICS) and Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) standards.
- Strong background in international airlines management and training.
- Responsible for management and budget for an international training department responsible for training in Mexico, Central and South America as well as Europe and the Middle East.
- Adapt or design original training material to form an international curriculum for an airline to be implemented world wide.
- Responsible for working with country, airport and reservation managers to assess training needs from both the technical and regulatory standpoints as well as finding ways to develop their staff for future supervisory and management positions
- Development and delivery of strong customer service skills across diverse ethnic and cultural group’s world wide.
- Designed and participated in management development workshops forming part of international senior management team building exercises in Madagascar, the Ecuadorian Rain Forest and Lake Powell, Arizona.
- Frequently involved with staff coaching and counselling and have a great deal of experience in selection and recruitment interviewing skills.
- Successfully conceived and organised the first International Training and Operations three day conference in Mexico City
- Responsible for the development of an international training team and training facilities in London, Mexico and El Salvador.
- Developed and delivered technical training courses including publishing a training manual.
- Set up and pioneered a new Customer Services Training department within Dan Air
- Member of the Quality Services Training development team with Thomson Holidays.
Chronological Employment History
|BLUE ANCHOR TRAINING
||Own business. providing a Training Design, Development, Delivery and Consultancy service
||Aug 02 - date
|CONTINENTAL AIRLINES INC.
||Training Business Leader (Europe and the Middle East)
||Oct 00 - Aug 02
|CONTINENTAL AIRLINES INC.
||Training Business Leader - International (responsible for co-ordinating and delivering training to delegates from Europe, Middle East, Canada, The Caribbean, Mexico, Central and South America)
||Nov 97 - Oct 00
|CONTINENTAL AIRLINES INC.
||European Training Manager
||Apr 93 - Nov 97
|JERSEY EUROPEAN AIRLINES LTD
||Training Consultant (Freelance contract)
||Jan 93 - Apr 93
|DAN AIR SERVICES LTD
||Senior Training Officer - Customer Services
||Dec 91 - Nov 92
|THOMSON HOLIDAYS LTD
||Operations Administration Manager - Citybreaks
||Apr 91 - Dec 91
|AIR EUROPE LTD
||Manager, Scheduled Service Reservations
||Jul 89 - Mar 91
|BRITISH AIRWAYS LTD
||Superintendent - Creative Development
||Feb 88 - Jul 89
|BRITISH CALEDONIAN AIRWAYS LTD
||Pioneered the company’s Open Learning Unit, working with local colleges and distance learning providers. Managed the airline's Youth Training Scheme and also became involved in Management and Supervisory Training. Worked in Sales and Marketing, Training Reservations and Operations.
||Jan 73 - Feb 88
|BRITISH UNITED AIRLINES LTD
||Worked in revenue accounts then crew scheduling
||Jul 70 - Jan 73
External Training Course Summary
As a delegate I have participated in and successfully completed many training experiences. Highlights for me included:
- Effective Management Training/Creating A Winning Culture - Senn Delaney
- Emotional Intelligence
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective Individuals - Steven Covey
- Creative Training Techniques - C.T.T.
- Targeted Selection Interviewing Training - D.D.I.
- Leadership Response Training - US Air Force Reserve
- Accelerated Learning Course Design - Triad
- Accelerated Learning Teaching Styles - Triad
- Type & Temperament Training - US Air Force Reserve
- T.M.I. Time Manager Courses -T.M.I.
- Customer First Training - Scandinavian Training
- Inter Personal Skills In Organisations - Roffey College
- Techniques of Instruction - Basic And Advanced - M.S.C.
- Selection And Recruitment Interviewing Skills
- Management And Team Leadership - Q.E.D.
THOMAS BENNETT COMPREHENSIVE SCHOOL: September 63 to June 70. Qualifications and achievements include GCE A Level Geography and GCE O Levels in Maths, English, Geography and Biology.
A wide range of music inspires me. I also sing and play when time permits. I enjoy walking and discovering local history. I am also interested in transport systems, steam railways and inland waterways.
For references, please e-mail me at email@example.com. You can also see some comments from clients on this web site.
About Brian Ablett Our Associates Objectives & Vision Contact Us